Truth Speaks to Power Week 1: Introduction
Feel free to discuss whatever you want from the introduction (pp. 1-9). Post in the comments section below and let’s get the dialogue started.
Here are some possible quotes and topics to which you can respond:
- What do you make of Brueggemann’s distinction between “truth from above” and “truth from below”?
- How does Brueggemann describe the idea of power?
- How can people “from above” read “from below”?
- In what ways do ironic readings contribute to this practice?
- “…we are, as readers and interpreters, always contestants, whether we recognize ourselves as such or not” (8).