Truth Speaks to Power Week 2: Moses
This week, we’re covering chapter 1: “Truth Speaks to Power: Moses”.
Feel free to comment about and discuss anything you like from this chapter. Here are some possible discussion starters:
- Discuss Brueggemann’s contrast of public/private spirituality (p. 11).
- “…if you have seen one pharaoh, you have seen them all. They all act the same way in their greedy, uncaring, violent self-sufficiency” (p. 17).
- “…the one with the most is the one who is most anxious in irrational ways” (p. 21).
- Discuss Brueggemann’s mandate that the church tell these stories (p. 27).
- What contemporary answers would you give for Brueggemann’s four questions on p. 37?