Truth Speaks to Power Week 3: Solomon
Here are some questions and comments for reflection. As always, feel free to begin your own discussion as well.
- What do you make of the link between Solomon and peace/shalom?
- Why does Brueggeman insist that we be “suspicious of every new world order” (p. 47)?
- What about the ironic elements of the Solomon story?
- What about wisdom being tied to political assassinations?
- How does Solomon act like a pharaoh?
- “The failure of Solomonic power has theological roots” (p. 73).